Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Day in the country. . .

Today I woke up reeeeeally early to drive an hour and a half away to see Kyle and Erin (and Yoda too!!) and attend church at Kyle's church, Eastside Church of Christ. I enjoyed meeting everyone at the church, I must say that I felt so very welcome, the way it should be.

I also enjoyed the drive to Kyle and Erin's house. Driving through Sac country is absolutely beautiful! I passed many vineyards (mental note to go back for wine tastings!), and even some farmland, complete with llamas! I loved the way the sun hit the mountains, and the windmills. I don't know quite how to describe the terrain in California, except that it's very vivid. The greens are greener, the blues bluer, the oranges more orange (or tangerine). It is a beautiful intensity that I could definitely get used to. It's just too far away from family =)

After returning I shopped at Trader Joe's for the first time....what a cool grocery store. Thanks again Steph!

I plan on working extra tomorrow...so this week's schedule is working Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Whew! Though I miss you and want to talk to you guys....please don't call before about 4PM Cali time (6PM Central time) in case I'm sleeping.

Planning my vacations though...Napa Valley, Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco. I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Erin! So glad you are a blogger! I love to catch up with people this way! I hope you are liking Cali. JT and I went to Napa and Lake Tahoe in January 2007... GORGEOUS! San F is a lot of fun too! Haven't made it to Yosemite yet so let me know how you like it! I saw Kyle's Mom at Ashley Crafton Steven's wedding on Saturday who filled me in on the Guin happenings! I'm glad everything is going so well for yall!
    Have a fabulous week! Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Trader Joe's worked out for you. You are *killing* me with these pictures! I so need to get out of town, out of Alabama, way away from I-65, you know? I am glad you are getting this opportunity. Mine will come soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joes is the best. Glad you found that. My favorite place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm. don't know why that came up as mom. If I understood computers I would fix it... Sorry about that. That is how my comments are posted on Rachel's blog and it is doing the same thing on yours. I guess you are now adopted.

    ReplyDelete